LHC LUMI 2005
CARE-HHH-APD Workshop on
Scenarios for the LHC Luminosity Upgrade
Arcidosso, Italy, 31 August–3 September 2005
How to reach Arcidosso? (see a
map of Arcidosso)
You are coming by car:
From Rome–Fiumicino Airport: (see map/directions easy or map/directions shortest in Italian)
• Exiting from the Airport, enter the Autostrada (toll way) leading to Civitavecchia (follow the sign).
• When the Autostrada ends, it merges with the Aurelia road….direction to Grosseto.
• Keep on the Aurelia road until you reach Grosseto.
• In Grosseto, take the exit for Siena (Via Senese).
• Keep on the Via Senese until Paganico.
• Exit in Paganico and follow the signs….direction Arcidosso.
• This road will take you straight to Arcidosso.
Total distance: around 250 km
Average time: 2h30–3h (depending on the traffic)
From Rome–Ciampino Airport: (see map/directions in Italian)
Take Via Di Ciampino and then Via Appia Nuova/SS7
Take Circonvallazione Orientale for 17 km
Take toll way A90 to Firenze and follow for about 30 km
Near Fiano Romano take A1/E35 for 120 km
Go out of toll way A90 at Chiusi-Chianciano Terme
Take Via Vecchia Senese for 2 km and follow SP113 for 6.5 km to Campiglia d'Orcia
Take SP65 for 3 km and then SP129 for 5 km to Pescina
Continue on SP111 for 5 km to Casidore and then on SS323 for 5.5 km to Arcidosso
Total distance: around 225 km
Average time: 2h30–3h (depending on traffic)
From Firenze: (see map/directions in Italian)
In Firenze, take the Superstrada…direction Siena.
Just before Siena, follow the sign directing you to Grosseto.
Exit in Paganico and follow the sign….direction Arcidosso.
This road will take you straight to Arcidosso.
Total distance: around
Average time: 2h15–2h45 (depending on traffic)
back to LHC-LUMI-05 home page